ant-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Girard <>
Subject Apply task and missing directories
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:13:14 GMT
Hi all,
i'm trying to automate the generation of png images from dia diagrams.
The idea is to regularly update a cvs sandbox ; then, if one .dia file
is newer than the associated .png file, i'd just like to launch dia
using the 'apply' task.

Here's a subset of the script:
  <target name="GenerateImagesFromDiaDiagrams">
      <mkdir dir="${}"/>
      <apply executable="dia" dest="${}">
        <arg value="-e"/>
        <fileset dir="${}" includes="**/*.dia"/>
        <mapper type="glob" from="*.dia" to="*.png"/>

As you can see, I'd like the .png images to be generated into the directory, which is different from the directory
where the srcfiles remain.

Here's my problem: when dealing with, say file
'${}/a/b/test.dia', I get an error message because the output
directory '${}/a/b/' doesn't exist.

So far I couldn't find an elegant way of creating the missing output
directory before the external program is launched.

Do you have an idea on how to achieve this ?

Many thanks in advance,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message