ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Powell <scotthpow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cannot get Ant to work. Error message is java.lang.InstantationException: org.apache.tools.ant.Main
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:20:53 GMT
Wow -- that did get it to run.

I would typically run the script from within Eclipse,
which might be a problem if I have to erase the
classpath every time.

So how can I root out any old versions of ant?  Is it
definitely a classpath setting or is it possible my
path setting is a problem?

Thanks
Scott

<rambiusparkisanius@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> 0) First of all, check if you have another version
> of
> ant installed on your machine. If you have remove it
> from your PATH.
> 1) unset CLASSPATH
> 2) invoke %ANT_HOME%\bin\ant - it should pickup its
> CLASSPATH correctly
>
> --- Scott Powell <scotthpowell@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've downloaded Ant twice (version 1.6.1 and
> 1.6.2).
> >
> > My environment variables are:
> > CLASSPATH includes both c:\ant\lib and c:\ant\bin.
> > ANT_HOME is c:\ant
> > JAVA_HOME is c:\Program Files\Java\j2sdk1.4.2\
> >
> > Other Java apps, like Poseidon, JBuilder, Eclipse
> > and
> > JRun all work fine.
> >
> > But I cannot get Ant to run.  I get this error
> > message
> > every time:
> >
> > java.lang.InstantationException:
> > org.apache.tools.ant.Main
> >     at
> java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:293)
> >     at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:261)
> >     at

org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:196)
> >     at

org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:56)