ant-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Ivanov <rambiusparkisan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cannot get Ant to work. Error message is java.lang.InstantationException: org.apache.tools.ant.Main
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:49:43 GMT
Hi,
0) First of all, check if you have another version of
ant installed on your machine. If you have remove it
from your PATH.
1) unset CLASSPATH
2) invoke %ANT_HOME%\bin\ant - it should pickup its
CLASSPATH correctly

--- Scott Powell <scotthpowell@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've downloaded Ant twice (version 1.6.1 and 1.6.2).
>
> My environment variables are:
> CLASSPATH includes both c:\ant\lib and c:\ant\bin.
> ANT_HOME is c:\ant
> JAVA_HOME is c:\Program Files\Java\j2sdk1.4.2\
>
> Other Java apps, like Poseidon, JBuilder, Eclipse
> and
> JRun all work fine.
>
> But I cannot get Ant to run.  I get this error
> message
> every time:
>
> java.lang.InstantationException:
> org.apache.tools.ant.Main
>     at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:293)
>     at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:261)
>     at

org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:196)
>     at

org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:56)