ant-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Ivanov <rambiusparkisan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to see why a target was executed?
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 06:53:26 GMT
Alexey,
Unfortunately I am just an ordinary user of graphviz
and do not know why it gives out of memory exception.
It might be because of two reasons: .dot file
generated  grand tool is not optimized, or graphviz
can not process big .dot files (and I suppose that
your .dot file is big). Anyway, I am attaching my
build file that  is using grand just to compare your
way and my way. May be we should fire a bug report
either for grand tool or for graphviz.

Ivan
P.S. If you invoke ant with -v (-verbose) option it
shows the build sequence for the target you call anf
the complete build sequence. You may deduce from these
sequences what is called and when.

<!-- grand.xml -->
<project name="grand" default="usage" basedir=".">
    <description>Generates graphic representation of
an ant script file</description>

    <target name="usage"/>

    <target name="-init" depends=""
description="Initializes the needed properties and
taskdefs">
        <property name="grand.lib"
value="${basedir}/grand"/>
        <typedef
resource="net/ggtools/grand/antlib.xml">
            <classpath
path="${grand.lib}/grand-1.4.jar"/>
        </typedef>
    </target>

    <target name="gen-view" depends="-init"
description="Generates the representation of a ant
build script">
        <property name="buildfile" value="build.xml"/>
        <grand output="build.dot"
buildfile="${buildfile}"/>
        <exec executable="dot" >
            <arg line="-Tps -o build.ps build.dot"/>
        </exec>
        <exec executable="dot" >
            <arg line="-Tjpg -o build.jpg build.dot"/>
        </exec>
    </target>
</project>

--- "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <A.Solofnenko@mdl.com>