ant-user mailing list archives

From "Perkins, Kristian" <Kristian.Perk...@ato.gov.au>
Subject RE: Problems using Ant CVS command
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 23:21:40 GMT
Yes the environment variable $CVS_PASSFILE can be set to change .cvspass
file location on the command line.

Kristian

-----Original Message-----
From: Ivan Ivanov [mailto:rambiusparkisanius@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, 19 July 2004 7:00 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Problems using Ant CVS command

--- Johan Vromans CPWR
<johan.vromans@nl.compuware.com> wrote:
> Ivan Ivanov wrote:
> > I think <property name="cvspass" value="cvspass"/>
> > must be <property name="cvspass"
> value=".cvspass"/>
> >
> > CVS usually stores its passwords in .cvspass files
>
> ... which is located in your HOME directory, not in
> the current directory.

By default CVS stores the password in $HOME/.cvspass.
but location of .cvspass can be changed with Ant:
<cvs command="-q diff -u -N" output="patch.txt" passfile=${cvspass}/>,
and you can set cvspass property to point whereever you like.

I also sure that .cvspass location can be changed
using clients like WinCVS and maybe LinCVS, but I do
not know how this can be done with the command-line
client. A quick google found this thread[1] (pretty
old however but mentions Ant) about changing .cvspass
location.

Regards Ivan

[1]http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-cvs/2002-02/msg00099.html

> -- Johan

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> user-help@ant.apache.org

                            IMPORTANT

 The information transmitted is for the use of the intended recipient only and may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, disclosure dissemination
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may result in severe penalties.
 If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the Privacy Hotline of the Australian
Taxation Office, telephone 13 28 69 and delete all copies of this transmission together with
any attachments.