ant-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mail...@laPoste.net>
Subject File list/Dir list problem
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 12:24:14 GMT
Hi,

	I'm currently stuck in ant trying to perform the following operation:

1. I have a lot of separate file trees that are ultimately merged by
being copied under a single root

2. The individual trees are not totally independent: they are grouped
into separate sets

3. I need to keep track of the file/dir contributions of each set to the
end result, ie generate a text file per set listing all the files and
directories in the final root that were contributed by this set.

I more or less managed to generate the file lists but I'm stuck on the
dir list part (you can't concatenate dir lists like file lists since a
file is unique but a dir can be shared by several files). If anyone here
has a bright idea, I'll be eternally grateful.

(of course I can cheat by piping the file lists into a shell script, but
that won't be overly popular with people working on limited systems)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot