ant-user mailing list archives

From "Doug Lochart" <dloch...@capecomputing.com>
Subject Re: mask password <input> task
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:52:00 GMT
Your solution will probably depend on the OS you are running in.  Even
though System.in is responsible for taking input from a console I don't
think it controls what the console displays when you type (but I may be
wrong).  You will probably have to attack your issue at your console level
(dos/xterm window) and not within ant/java itself.  If I am correct on this
then you may want to poke around on newsgroups pertaining to input handling
within consoles to help solve your dilemna.

If you cannot find a solution can you change your approach a bit and write
an input handler that will take a username from the command line and look up
an encrypted password from a password file in that users home directory like
the way cvs does?  Of course this would require initial setup of those
passwords but it is an option.

HTH

doug

Now I've gained some understanding