ant-user mailing list archives

From "alan" <alanbr...@pacbell.net>
Subject Dynamic compilation
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 01:10:55 GMT
Does anyone know if it's possible to have a central build file call out
dynamically to whatever slave build files it can find under it's directory.

Our project consists of many modules that are frequently added to.  Each has
it's own build file.  These all have the same targets and are all called
minibuild.xml.

We then have a central build file that calls out to these slave files and
builds each of them.

What I'd like to be able to do is avoid the need to edit the central file
when a new module is added to the project.  The default case would be the
developer would just put the standard minibuild.xml file in the root
directory of their module and the regular build process would pick it up and
run the relevant target (clean, build, etc.).

Does anyone know how this might be achieved.  If possible without resorting
to writing custom build files.

Grateful for any pointers...

alan