ant-user mailing list archives

From "Doug Lochart" <dloch...@capecomputing.com>
Subject Re: Basic Questions about Classpath
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:32:06 GMT

1.  This is my understaning.  I looked into the CommandLineJava source file of ant and it
looks as if this is the case
2.  Again this is correct to my understanding.

First of all I never rely on or specifically set a CLASSPATH in the environment when I run
ant or any java application.  I believe on setting the environment on a per process basis.
 That being said if the exact same ant script runs on XP and not on 2000 then my best guess
would be that the CLASSPATH env var is being set differently on each machine.  Meaning that
the XP machine might be setting the CLASSPATH as a System (global) variable and the 2000 machine
might be setting as a user variable different from the user logged in or more likely there
is a System var set is correct but there might be a CLASSPATH var set for the user logged
in that is masking the one you think is being used.

If this is not the case I recommend setting the classpath spcifically within the java task
and removing from the environment altogether.  If this does not fix your problem then I recommend
running ant -diagnostics on both machines as well as running the script in debug mode for
both machines to see what may be the problem.  I faintly recall another issue with environment
variables XP vs Win2000 but I don't think it applies here.

Doug

Now I've gained some understanding
Of the only world that we see.
Things that I once dreamed of