ant-user mailing list archives

From Robert Mark Bram <>
Subject Classpath as a string..
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:32:44 GMT
Hi All!

In some targets of my build file, I have a classpath like this:

      <pathelement location="${src}" />
      <filelist refid="test.jarfiles" />

But now I am writing a target where I need to send the classpath as an
argument to a Java command that is itself an argument to a Java app that
will *run* the command:

<target name="runProcess">
      <java classname="test.ProcessRunner" fork="true">
<arg line="-command java test.NewProcess" />
<arg line="-cp ... " />

So I need the classpath - and I need it to be portable (i.e. I still need
to deal with the classpath as properties).

Can anyone suggest a way to do this?

Thanks for any advice!

Robert Mark Bram
B.Comp.(Systems Development/Business Systems)
Doctor of Philosophy Student

School of Network Computing
Faculty of Information Technology
Monash University