ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OutOfMemory and bug #8689
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:36:59 GMT
On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Lee Breisacher <LBreisacher@seagullsw.com> wrote:
> The taskdef is described here:
> http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.3/jaxb/ant.html.

Yep, I already had a look at it.

> It looks like this:
>
> <taskdef name="xjc" classname="com.sun.tools.xjc.XJCTask">
>   <classpath>
>     <fileset dir="../../lib" includes="*.jar" excludes="ant.jar"/>
>     <fileset dir="../../..">
>       <include name="jaxp/**/*.jar"/>
>       <include name="jwsdp-shared/lib/**/*.jar"/>
>     </fileset>
>   </classpath>
> </taskdef>

Outside of any target or inside?

> Ah, I see that we *are* using antcall in some of our xjc invokes

Then you'll probably end up with separate task definitions per antcall
and thus separate class loaders - and this is where you may get bitten
by a memory leak in AntClassLoader.

You may be able to work around this issue by placing all the jars the
task needs into a common directory, removing the nested classpath from
the taskdef completely and invoking ant with
-lib DIR-THAT-CONTAINS-JARS.

Stefan