ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <depend> task
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 06:20:00 GMT
On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Neta Bar Tal <NETAB@amdocs.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks, I'm using the <depend> task before I run <javac> task.
> does <depend> checks also the blabla$1.class (means inner classes)
> when it is scanning the classes.

In my experience it does, but I never really checked - it just works.

> and another one, how is it possible to tell <depend> to output the
> name of files that has been removed.

It will if you run Ant in verbose mode.  You can use <record> to start
a verbose log just before you run <depend> and stop it afterwards.

> p.s - is it more recommended to use javamake then depend?

I have no first hand experience with <javamake>.  In theory <javamake>
is "more correct" than <depend>+<javac> since it will make its
decisions based on API changes instead of timestamps.  IIUC it won't
recompile dependent classes if the API remains stable and it will
recompile classes if you replace a source with an older one.

Just give it a try and post about your experience?

Stefan