ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: patterns conditionals/macrodef
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 07:28:09 GMT
On Wed, 02 Jun 2004, Jack J. Woehr <jax@purematrix.com> wrote:

> Not to say I want Ant necessarily to adopt If task.

I pretty much fail to understand why people insist that the
ant-contrib tasks should be part of the Ant distribution.  What is the
problem with using a third-party task library?  Ant-Contrib ships
under the same license as Ant.  And some of its tasks are maintained
by the same people you seem to trust for Ant.

> The last thing I want to see is dueling incompatible If tasks
> between Ant and AntContrib.

That wouldn't happen, I'm sure.  If we (the Ant committers) really
wanted to add some of the Ant-Contrib tasks to Ant itself, I'm sure
the Ant-Contrib project leads wouldn't stand in our way.

Stefan