ant-user mailing list archives

From Joanne L Corless <jcorl...@csc.com>
Subject Problem with Database connections and Classpaths
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 15:52:04 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to develop a standalone application that makes a number of
calls to an oracle database.

However although it build OK when I try to run it through ant - I get a
ClassNotFoundException.

I've checked that Ant is placing classes12.zip on the classpath OK

runUtilities:
     [java] Executing 'D:\j2sdk1.4.2_01\jre\bin\java.exe' with arguments:
     [java] '-classpath'
     [java]
D:\eBillingV3\ebilling\WEB-INF\lib\xalan.jar;D:\eBillingV3\ebilling\WEB-INF\lib\xercesImpl.jar;D:\eBillingV3\ebilling\WEB-INF\lib\xml-apis.jar;D:\eBillingV3\ebilling\dbUtil\classes12.zip'
     [java] '-jar'
     [java] 'D:\eBillingV3\ebilling\utilities.jar'
     [java] '-encrypt'
     [java] 'workflow'
     [java] 'workflow'
     [java] 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@20.9.163.123:1521:orcl'
     [java] 'keyconfig.xml'

But the code barfs when I try and get the connection

[java] Statement = select password, passphrase from users
[java] Check classpath. Cannot load db driver:
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
[java] Exception was java.lang.Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

I've seen some posts about using the SQL task within ant but as I need to
build my sql calls dynamically this isn't practical

Does anyone have ideas

Thanks in advance

Joanne Corless