ant-user mailing list archives

From mark.rus...@pnc.com
Subject password prompt
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:58:14 GMT
I have several ant scripts that are used as a general deploy script for our
WebSphere environment.  Because of audit requirements I have to capture all
of the output from the Ant scripts.  I use scp and sshexec to do all of the
remote commands.  A second requirement is if the user does not have the ssh
keys setup they can use interactive password authentication.

Here is my issue I use the -l command to redirect all the ant output to the
log file for audit.
ant -l ant.log -f build.xml

How do I get a prompt to show up on the console for the user to enter their
password?  I use the echo command to echo the prompt for the input command
but that output goes to the log and nothing ever is shown on the console.

Let me know if this is not clear and I will try to explain it better.

Mark Russell
PNC
412-768-9603