ant-user mailing list archives

From mark.rus...@pnc.com
Subject Re: password prompt
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:37:22 GMT

that is what I do.
My problem I'm trying to solve is how do I get the prompt to show up even
it I have the -l ant.log option on the run of the ant script.

Mark Russell
PNC
412-768-9603

                      Ivan Ivanov

                      <rambiusparkisanius         To:      Ant Users List <user@ant.apache.org>

                      @yahoo.com>                 cc:

                                                  Subject: Re: password prompt

                      06/10/04 09:12 AM

                      Please respond to

                      "Ant Users List"

Hello Mark,

you may find <input> task[1] useful:

<target name="input" description="Prompts for user
input">
    <input message="Enter password"
addproperty="ssh.pass"/>
    <!-- A proof it works. Remove in real use -->
    <echo message="${ssh.pass}"/>
</target>

The problem is that <input> does not mask the input
and the passwords are visible when you type them.

[1]http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/input.html