ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chuck Daniels" <c...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Tags containing hyphens (-)
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 00:29:29 GMT
I just ran across the same problem a few days ago.  Unfortunately, it looks
as though a javadoc tag containing a dash will not work with the javadoc
tool.  If you look at the documentation for javadoc 1.4 you will see that a
dash is interpreted as a separator character with the -tag command line
option.  This is done so that a colon (:) can be used as part of a tag name.
However, this unwittingly prevents the use of a dash (-) as part of a tag
name.  What I have done is replace my dashes with dots.  (See
file:///D:/apps/j2sdk1.4.2_04/docs/tooldocs/windows/javadoc.html#tag).