ant-user mailing list archives

From Srikrishna.Par...@wellsfargo.com
Subject RE: Help with JUnit
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:21:45 GMT
Thanks for your quick reply and explanation .  Can you explain the below
with your example ?

What this actually does is call upon my highest level test suite and runs
all of my tests.  I wrote a custom ant task to autogenerate test suites for
every package that contains any unit tests
and then does a depth first search on any suites in those packages and links
them with higher level suites.

Eager to receive your reply.

Thanks

Srikrishna

  _____

From: Gregory Gimler [mailto:shark@ll.mit.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 10:02 AM
To: Ant Users List; Srikrishna.Partha@wellsfargo.com
Subject: RE: Help with JUnit

Sure.  Here's the full code snippet:

    <target name="test"
description="Run unit tests"
depends="start-orb">
        <junit
fork="true" printsummary="withOutAndErr"

haltonerror="false" haltonfailure="false"

showoutput="true" filtertrace="off"

errorproperty="test.error"
failureproperty="test.error">

<classpath refid="classpath"/>

<formatter type="xml" usefile="true"/>

<test name="${test.suite}"
outfile="${log.dir}/${test.suite}"
filtertrace="off"/>

<jvmarg
value="-Djava.endorsed.dirs=${jaxp-endorsed.dir}"/>

<jvmarg
value="-Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=org.jacorb.orb.ORB"/>

<jvmarg
value="-Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=org.jacorb.orb.ORBSingleton"/>

<jvmarg value="-Dperseus.dir=${basedir}"/>

<jvmarg value="-DPerseusLogLevel=FINEST"/>

<jvmarg value="-Dlogging.dir=${log.dir}"/>
        </junit>
        <!-- fail if we had an
error or failure in any of the tests -->
        <fail message="Tests
failed" if="test.error"/>
    </target>

What this actually does is call upon my highest level test suite and runs
all of my tests.  I wrote a custom ant task to autogenerate test suites for
every package that contains any unit tests
and then does a depth first search on any suites in those packages and links
them with higher level suites.  This gives me the versatility to specify
just a subset of my tests by specifying a different test suite without the
fear that I might have forgotten to add a unit test or two to one of the
suites (that's guaranteed from my custom task that I don't forget any).  So
the ${test-suite} variable is the fully qualified
class name of the test suite I want to run.

When this target runs, all of my tests are called and run.  The property,
test.error gets set and if there was an error or failure in any of my tests
then that <fail message...  line takes care of returning a failed status to
ant.  Hope this helped.

                                                                      -Greg