ant-user mailing list archives

From "Donald Strong" <dstr...@agentissoftware.com>
Subject RE: Exec JBoss - window not closed on exit
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 23:53:38 GMT
Hi Craig,

Kieth has the correct solution, but you apply it to the startup
command AS WELL.
The DOS window stays open because it is waiting for a keystroke.
Setting NOPAUSE fixes that on both startup and shutdown.

Regards
Donald.

This is straight out of our jboss.xml file.

        <!--
        Start the desired appserver.  The start opertaion requires that the
        server.domain.dir property be set to the directory of the instance
        that is to be started.  The server.host and server.port properties
        are also used, but for informational purposes only.
     -->
    <target name="start" depends="-init"
     description="Start the App Server">
        <echo>Start appserver http://${server.host}:${webserver.port}</echo>
        <echo>APPSERVER STARTING</echo>
        <exec executable="${server.bin.dir}\run.bat"
                     dir="${server.bin.dir}"
                      os="Windows XP Windows 2000"
          resultproperty="server.exit-status"
             failonerror="false" >
           <env key="NOPAUSE" value="true"/>
        </exec>
        <echo>APPSERVER STOPPED WITH RESULT CODE:
${server.exit-status}</echo>
    </target>

     <!--
        Stop the desired application server.
     -->
    <target name="stop" depends="-init"
     description="Stop the App Server">
        <property name="shutdown.bat"
              location="${server.bin.dir}/shutdown.bat"/>
        <echo>Stop appserver http://${server.host}:${webserver.port}</echo>
        <echo>${shutdown.bat}"</echo>
        <exec executable="${server.bin.dir}\shutdown.bat"