ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: adding custom tasks without repackaging ant.jar
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 22:48:36 GMT
> From: Jane Young [mailto:jane.young@Sun.COM]
>
> thanks for the response.
> I'm using ant 1.5 which does not support antlib.
> But even with antlib, I still need to define <typedef file="antlib
> file"> in the build script.

Not if you're using XML namespaces and the special antlib: URIs.

> Is there a way such that I can go about without defining anything new in
> the build script and the custom tasks can be used with out modifying
> ant.jar?

No, and this is by design. It is better to have everything in the open and
explicit rather than implicitly loading custom tasks. This is almost what
the antlib: magic URI does, except the XML namespace still makes it
explicit.

What's wrong with a <typedef>/<taskdef> at the top level of a build script?
--DD