ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Shared library creation
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 14:10:44 GMT
> From: Inna Gauskin [mailto:Innaga@Amdocs.com]
> I use xlC to create a shared library, so I have the following in my
> build.xml :

Just an FIY, this is the Ant list, not the Ant-Contrib list, where CppTasks
questions should be asked. Please use the Ant-Contrib list, as the main
(only?) CppTasks committer is rarely seen on the Ant list.

> cc outtype="shared" objdir="${env.CCWPA}/${env.CCBB}"
> outfile="${env.CCWPA}/lib/libggnart.sl" incremental="true"
> rebuild="false" failonerror="false">

Not related to your question, but you shouldn't put library extensions in
'outfile'. CppTasks does that automatically depending on the platform, and
it used to harm things (I think this was fixed?), while making you build
platform-specific.

> 		      <compiler name="xlC" inherit="true"/>
>
> However, I see smth really different in the log:
>
> <message priority="debug"><![CDATA[makeC++SharedLib -G -bdynamic -brtl
> -bh:5 -
>
> How come I have makeC in the log, while I use xlC in build.xml? Does
> someone know  why it happens and what should I change ?
>
> By the way, it works fine for regular exe creation.

Dunno, sorry. --DD