ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: patterns conditionals/macrodef
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 17:52:30 GMT
> From: Alexey N. Solofnenko [mailto:A.Solofnenko@mdl.com]
>
> Dominique,
>
>   What do you think about ANT's own build script?

Well, I had a quick look at the 1.6 branch one, and I see only a few
<antcall>s, which could be easily converted to macros it seems.

As always, it's a question of balance. A build can make use of <antcall>
and still stay mostly descriptive.

So I was probably too fast in condemning <antcall> itself. <antcall> is
a useful tool, but often people resort to it instead of writing more
descriptive builds. It's never black and white, and always a matter
of walking a fine line ;-) Give me any build script, and I'll always
fine something I'd have done differently, and you may well not agree
with me too ;-) --DD