ant-user mailing list archives

From Carlén Johannes <johannes.car...@consultant.volvo.com>
Subject Ant-CVS-zOS..
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 08:33:47 GMT

I'm trying to run the cvs tasks on zOS but seems to get into trouble all the time.

First of all, I was trying to run Ant that comes with WAS5 (Ant 1.5.2). With this version,
the tasks works pretty well, however since the underlying system uses EBCDIC I just get a
not so funny output on the screen which makes it totally unusable. I tried out 1.6.1 instead
and now I can read the output but the exactly same cvs task gives me "unrecognized auth response
from mycvserver.net: cvs [pserver aborted]: descramble: unknown scrambling method". I have
removed the .cvspass file and logged in again. To no use... Anyone that have hade som experience
with this?

Another oddity is that I can't seem to run a cvs checkout task without doing a <cvspass>
in the same process and this is not acceptable security-wise.

All targets works great when running them in Windows but not in zOS. Anyone have any idea?
The JRE version in zOS is 1.3.1

BR
/Johannes