ant-user mailing list archives

From "Inna Gauskin" <Inn...@Amdocs.com>
Subject RE: Shared library creation
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 06:46:58 GMT

Thanks, but how do I subscribe to the Ant-Contrib list?

Regards,
Inna Gauskin
XtraC team
email innaga@amdocs.com
09-7960193

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:DDevienne@lgc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 5:11 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Cc: ant-contrib-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: Shared library creation

> From: Inna Gauskin [mailto:Innaga@Amdocs.com]
> I use xlC to create a shared library, so I have the following in my
> build.xml :

Just an FIY, this is the Ant list, not the Ant-Contrib list, where
CppTasks questions should be asked. Please use the Ant-Contrib list, as
the main
(only?) CppTasks committer is rarely seen on the Ant list.

> cc outtype="shared" objdir="${env.CCWPA}/${env.CCBB}"
> outfile="${env.CCWPA}/lib/libggnart.sl" incremental="true"
> rebuild="false" failonerror="false">

Not related to your question, but you shouldn't put library extensions
in 'outfile'. CppTasks does that automatically depending on the
platform, and it used to harm things (I think this was fixed?), while
making you build platform-specific.

> 		      <compiler name="xlC" inherit="true"/>
>
> However, I see smth really different in the log:
>
> <message priority="debug"><![CDATA[makeC++SharedLib -G -bdynamic -brtl

> -bh:5 -
>
> How come I have makeC in the log, while I use xlC in build.xml? Does
> someone know  why it happens and what should I change ?
>
> By the way, it works fine for regular exe creation.

Dunno, sorry. --DD

Thank you.