ant-user mailing list archives

From Sunil Mishra <smis...@AI.SRI.COM>
Subject Re: ANTLR task doesn't update its output
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 21:45:52 GMT
Sorry, spoke too soon :-(

I think I used the wrong build.xml when I got that result. I'm
presently testing with antlr 2.7.4, but that doesn't seem to be quite
doing it either. And I'm getting rather disappointed with the antlr
project at this point. Here's what invoking antlr 2.7.4 says in its
output:

     [antlr] ANTLR Parser Generator   Version 2.7.3 (20040629-1)
1989-2004 jGuru.com

Have I managed to get the wrong version of antlr, which has been
cleverly put into a tar.gz labeled 2.7.4? But I'm going off topic. Any
other suggestions for what I might try to get ant to give me good
dependency tracking with antlr?

Sunil

On Jun 29, 2004, at 1:34 PM, Sunil Mishra wrote:

> OK, I tried looking for an antlrtool.jar, and failed. I downloaded a
> new copy of antlr 2.7.2 (not the latest, that was deliberate) and
> didn't find it there. I re-compiled the antlr java library hoping that
> this would produce the antlrtool.jar, but no dice. However, it did
> produce a new antlr.jar, and that got things working right. But! When
> I re-unpacked antlr 2.7.2 from the distribution and used the stock
> jar, I got the same behavior I had before, that ant would not update
> the output files timestamps. This doesn't seem to be the only problem
> with the antlr 2.7.2 distribution: the distribution talks of an
> antlrall.jar, but provides an antlr.jar.
>
> So, stock antlr.jar from 2.7.2: bad. Recompiled antlr.jar: good. I
> need to of course make sure that everything else continues to work
> right with the recompiled antlr.jar.
>
> Sunil
>
> On Jun 28, 2004, at 6:45 PM, Mani G. Iyer wrote:
>
>> I don't mean antlr.jar but antlrtool.jar .
>>
>> mani

>>> all. If the output files are not present, the antlr output is