ant-user mailing list archives

From Kathy Zhou <kz...@cmdservices.com>
Subject install ant 1.6.1 on Unix
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 16:21:08 GMT
I have installed the latest Ant on my window NT without any problem.

Then I unzip the apache-ant-1.6.1-bin.zip downloaded on Unix (SunOS 5.8
with JDK1.4.1_03) and check the files. Based on installation instruction, I
set path and ant_home on .profile. Now I got the following error while I
typed ant -version.

java.lang.InstantiationException: org.apache.tools.ant.Main
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:196)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:56)

I do not have any crimson.jar or other XML parsers in JRE/ext  and I did
set classpath for ant as it dose not need.

Do I need to reboot the Unix box? What else did I miss? Thank you for your
help.

Kathy