ant-user mailing list archives

From "Shackelford, John-Mason" <john-mason.shackelf...@pearson.com>
Subject null path references & javac
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 17:48:43 GMT
Another angle on the problem...

I pass the following classpath to the javac task, yet the
dependencies.classpath reference may or may not exist as the reference is
generated by another task which may not set it if no dependencies are
identified.

<classpath id="component.classpath">
     <fileset dir="lib" includes="*.jar,*.zip" />
     <path refid="dependencies.classpath" />
</classpath>

When the reference isn't set, javac dies. We don't seem to have a concept of
a legitimately null path reference, so I have to resort to a conditional and
two different javac calls. Is there another way around this problem?

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
Pearson Educational Measurement - eMeasurement Group

2510 North Dodge St.
Iowa City, IA 52245
ph. 319-354-9200x6214
john-mason.shackelford@pearson.com