ant-user mailing list archives

From Wascally Wabbit <wascallywab...@earthling.net>
Subject Re: recursive expansion of property names
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 22:16:13 GMT
At 06:08 PM 6/24/2004, you wrote:
>so what do I do with this?
>
>      private Object getProperty0(String ns, String name)
>      {
>          if (name==null) {
>              return null;
>          }
>          Object o = m_allProperties.get(name);   /// <---- MINE
>          if (o==null) {
>              o = m_defImpl.getProperty(ns,name); /// <--- THE THING I
> REPLACED
>          }
>          return o;
>      }
>

>do I switch it to just:
>
>      private Object getProperty0(String ns, String name) {
>        if (name == null) { return null; }
>        return o = m_defImpl.getProperty(ns,name);
>      }
>
>in which case I may as well just inline it.

Correct. Drop the '0' fluff (I just cut-n-pasted my code w/o editing).
Just inline the calls in your case. I got your original code working
with just simple lines like:

     public Object getProperty(String ns, String name)
     {
         return defImpl.getProperty(ns,name);
     }

     public Object getUserProperty(String ns, String name)
     {
         return defImpl.getUserProperty(ns,name);
     }
Tedious but it seems to work (your uninstall will also work
since any modifications will be applied against the original
now-restored helper).

>--
>Jeffrey Bacon
>jbacon@magmic.com
>Creative Developer
>http://www.magmic.com
>
>Wascally Wabbit wrote:
>>Whoops...in my previous reply I should've mentioned
>>that your helper does not need to keep any maps because you're
>>only replacing the 'replaceProperties' algorithm. Just
>>delegate to the replaced helper instead of using inheritance.
>>At 03:33 PM 6/24/2004, you wrote:
>>  >will that patch work on Ant's 1.6.1 source code it is it specific to
>>  >1.7?  I tried implementing Wascally Wabbit's suggestion from the other day
>>  >and just took the replacePropertiesRecursively from the patch you
>>  >submitted.  I don't really *understand* how the property helper chaining
>>  >stuff works but I THINK that either I'm not getting put in the chain or
>>  >the replacePropertiesRecursively method is not working on regular
>>  >properties.  ${basedir} does not even get resolved -- though I suspect
>>  >that something I'm doing is wrong as that should get resolved BEFORE my
>>  >PropertyHandler is even installed.
>>[snip...]
>>The Wabbit

The Wabbit