ant-user mailing list archives

From Dave Westerman <DLWes...@pobox.com>
Subject ANT: Putting Classpath Into My Own Ant Task
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 17:00:24 GMT
I am writing my own Ant task as a wrapper to a utility which I have written. I have 3rd-party
jar files which my utility needs in order to run. The Ant manual suggests that you always
allow a user of your task to specify the classpath. I'm assuming I should use the builtin
embedded <classpath> element. But I can find no examples of doing this.

I'm assuming I need a createClasspath() method, and a setClasspath(Path) method in my Ant
task. But how do I then use the new classpath? Do I have to use the Ant Java task to call
my utility class, instead of calling it directly from my Ant task, so that I can pass in the
new classpath?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

DLW
DLWester@pobox.com