ant-user mailing list archives

From Wascally Wabbit <wascallywab...@earthling.net>
Subject Re: Problems with foreach, target calls, missing properties
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 21:07:30 GMT
At 04:21 PM 6/18/2004, you wrote:
>Folks,
>
>I have a build file in which I iterate over a list and call another target
>in the same build file for each element in the list.  In the called-target I
>then set three properties.  However, when I return to the calling-target the
>properties are missing.

That's because the called target is being executed in an independent
child project. Calls to set properties affect the child project not
the parent calling project. Either use the dev version of ant-contrib
or use antxtra's callforeach with the 'mode="local"' setting like
   <callforeach mode="local".../>
See the Ant external tasks page for more information.

>Thanks a bunch,
>Paul
>
>Paul C. Reeves, PhD
>
>Sandia National Laboratories