ant-user mailing list archives

From Gregory Gimler <sh...@ll.mit.edu>
Subject Process management
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:58:02 GMT
Hello all,

     I'm trying to run a series of java processes in ant before I start up
some unit tests but I'm having some problems.  If I start up some processes
using the plain old java fork="true" option then as soon as I hit 1
process, it takes up the console and everything stops until that process is
stopped.  So to get around this I did something like the following:

   <target name="start-tasks">
             <parallel>
                 <antcall target="run-task1" inheritall="true"/>
                 <antcall target="run-task2" inheritall="true"/>
             </parallel>
    </target>

Where each one of these tasks also has the "fork=true" option.

This works in that it starts up the two tasks and gives me back
control.  The problem here is that task1 must be fully started before task2
can start up.  Is there some way to have task 2 to wait for task 1 to start
first in ant?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

									-Greg