ant-user mailing list archives

From Gregory Gimler <sh...@ll.mit.edu>
Subject optional ant tasks question
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 21:06:13 GMT
Hello,

	I have a question concerning optional ant tasks.  First of all, I've built
custom tasks in the past and it was relatively easy to include any relevant
jars inside of source control and have the build refer to those jars to
load the task.  However, when using one of the official ant custom tasks
(i.e. junit and antlr) it specifies I must have it in my classpath
environment variable or inside of the $ANT_HOME/lib directory.  Is there
another way?  Ideally I'd like all developers working from the code base to
download the latest repository and be able to build with just a vanilla ant
install and no modification to their environment variables (much like the
custom tasks I've built).  Could someone clarify if this is possible and if
so, how would I go about doing it?  Thanks.

								-Greg