ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <>
Subject Re: Problem with Ant 1.6.1
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 13:20:18 GMT
See the release notes for Ant-1.5.xx.  A major change happened between
1.4.x and 1.5.x.  Properties became immutable.  You'll have to wait to set
a default value for a property until *after* a condition has been run
though.  If you set a property, nothing else can reset that property
(unless you use some ant-contrib tasks or use a scripting language).  This
is core to understanding how to write modern Ant build files.  Make sure to
read the docs.

At 02:55 PM 6/1/2004 +0200, you wrote:
>I've upgraded from ant 1.4.1 to 1.6.1, now I get an error when building my
>EnterpriseArchives. The condition task cannot override a property anymore.
>Does this mean that the condition task for ant 1.6.1 has changed and is
>there any reason for this change and also an alternative to what the
>condition task used to do.
>E-mail Disclaimer and Company Information

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message