ant-user mailing list archives

From <vinod.na...@iflexsolutions.com>
Subject RE: Problem to set property with refid
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 12:33:46 GMT
OK Ivan,

I tested it for many such cases and it is working well.
Thanks for your understanding whatever you had!

I need some clarifications on SQL tasks.

I need to execute a procedure called aPROC.
If I give the statement as "execute aPROC;" in the sql file,
It is throwing this error.

DbUpdates:
     [echo] Executing DB scripts.
      [sql] Executing file:
/products/proj/pisars/database/db12Jun/db-execs/Auth_history_correction.
sql
      [sql] Failed to execute:   EXECUTE CHECK_REQ_MASTER

Do you know why this due to?

Thanks & regards,
Vinod.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ivan Ivanov [mailto:rambiusparkisanius@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 3:57 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Problem to set property with refid

Hi Vinod,
I am not sure I understand you quite well :))

--- vinod.nayak@iflexsolutions.com wrote:
> Thanks Ivan,
>
> I used the logic 'isset' and my problem is solved.
>
> Tell me, am I correct here.
>
> <javac destdir="${build}"
>          classpath="xyz.jar"
>          debug="on">
>     <src path="${src1}"/>
>     <src path="${src2}"/>
> </javac>

Well, I always organize my project so that I nave used
<javac> with more than one <src> attribute. If I have
several source dirs, I compile them with several
<javac>, so I never used a snippet like the one above.

> In this task, java source files of ${src1} are
> compiled first and then
> later from ${src2}.
Not sure what you mean. Are sources from ${src1}
compiled first OR are compiled later?

>I tested it by having a java
> file in ${src2}
> dependent on a java file existing in ${src1} and it
> could compile successfully.
Well, ant resolve dependencies between classes in a
very decent manner, so it will compile successfully.

>But while compiling the task echoes,
> 'compiling <no of
> files from ${src1}+ no of files from ${src2} java
> file to ..' in a
> single line.
What is the exact message that is echoed. In fact you
have turned javac' debug on, which means that it will
show lots of messages - what classes it loads and
which classes it compiles. Try to turn it on if you
don't what to see the message.

>I want to be double sure on what I am
> guessing is right.

Can you say once again your guess, please.

Sorry I want't so helpful.

Ivan

[3]http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/condition.html

[4]http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/conditions.html