ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Sauyet <li...@sauyet.com>
Subject Re: Alternatives to Ant's XML Syntax
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:39:53 GMT
Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

> I think it would be nice to make it easier to "hook in" other XML-like
> languages for build files.  I would love to use SDL
> (http://jakarta.apache.org/hivemind/sdl.html).

I think there are a number of excellent alternate syntaxes for XML
including SDL, YAML, SLiP, and many others.  (There's quite a list at
http://www.pault.com/pault/pxml/xmlalternatives.html .)  It doesn't
sound as though it should be hard to incorporate them into Ant,
especially if there are tools to generate SAX events from them.  I was
really wondering if that had already been done.  It sounds like there's
nothing of the sort currently available.

No where'd I put that TODO list...?  :-)

   -- Scott