ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Sauyet <li...@sauyet.com>
Subject Re: Alternatives to Ant's XML Syntax
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:32:39 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

 > Ant allows people to writer their own ProjectHelpers, which is the way
 > to create an Ant object model from a source, so it would be possible
 > to write a ProjectHelper that accepted a different syntax - but I'm
 > not aware of anybody actually implementing one.

Thanks.  Maybe I'll find the time to look into it.  Probably not.
It's not as though XML is difficult to produce or to read; it just
seems overly wordy for a build system.  I understand all the benefits
of using standard parsers and all the XML tools available, but I
really would love to have the build file that seemed a little more to
the point.

   -- Scott