ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jack J. Woehr" <...@purematrix.com>
Subject Re: AW: Alternatives to Ant's XML Syntax
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 06:08:00 GMT
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:

> Have a look at Groovy.
> That language supports a nice Ant integration via its AntBuilder.
>
> > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
> > Von: Scott Sauyet [mailto:lists@sauyet.com]
> > Gesendet am: Freitag, 25. Juni 2004 22:51
> > An: Ant Users List
> > Betreff: Alternatives to Ant's XML Syntax
> >
> > (If this belongs on the dev list instead, please let me know.)
> >
> > Are there any tools which accept an alternate form of syntax for Ant
> > build files?

I considered writing an 'm4' front end to Ant ... I've done this sort of thing
before. But then I was reminded of the American joke about the man who
invented a hair tonic so powerful that it could grow hair on a billiard ball.
The man died bankrupt, because no-one wanted a hairy billiard ball! :-)

--
Jack J. Woehr      # We have gone from the horse and buggy
Senior Consultant  # to the moon rocket in one lifetime, but