ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: backslash and CRLF in regular expression [was: Backspace in regul ar expression]
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:41:06 GMT

According to this:
http://skew.org/xml/tutorial/#4

"There are restrictions on what UCS characters are allowed in a parsed
entity. Certain characters are disallowed, and cannot even be referenced
via character references. The allowed characters are: |U+0009|
(linefeed), |U+000A| (tab), |U+000D| (carriage return), |U+0020|through
|U+D7FF|, |U+E000| through |U+FFFD|, and |U+10000| through |U+10FFFF|.
Consequently, a parsed entity is not a good place to store arbitrary
binary data, unless the data is pre-encoded with the Base64 or uuencode
mechanisms."

However, I cannot figure this out from the std:

http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-xml-19980210

Peter