ant-user mailing list archives

From Christian Cryder <christi...@granitepeaks.com>
Subject Re: Question about Basedir
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:00:30 GMT
Christian Cryder wrote:

Yep, that was my problem. The following changes resolved my issues:

//  public void setSourceout(String sourceOutDir) {
     public void setSourceout(File sourceOutDir) {

and

//  File targetPath = new File(sourceOutDir+"/"+targetPackage);
     File targetPath = new File(sourceOutDir, targetPackage);

Thnaks guys!

Christian

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Christian Cryder <christianc@granitepeaks.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>         <events sourceout="./foo99"
>>> descriptor="${build.dir}/event-hierarchy.xml" />
>>

>> what does your setSourceout method take as an argument?  A
>> java.io.File or a java.lang.String?
>

> Ah...its taking a String, rather than a File. I'll bet that has
> something to do with it, doesn't it?
>
>> Sounds as if you'd be resolving files yourself instead of letting Ant
>> do it.
>>
>> When you run <ant dir="..."/> this will not change the current working
>> directory of the Java VM, so any "new File(string)" will be relative
>> to your current working directory.
>>
>> On the other hand the setXYZ methods taking a File argument get a
>> special treatment by Ant.  All relative paths are resolved relative to
>> the current project's basedir (ignoring the CWD).
>

> k, sounds like you've identified my problem. I'll test it out and let
> you know if that works.
>
> Thanks much!
> Christian

Christian