ant-user mailing list archives

From Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>
Subject Re: javac and dependent classes
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2004 15:58:04 GMT

Javac will handle most simple dependency checks. It will compile things
in the correct order and handle building all your classes. The problem
arises when you change the interface of one class, but do not recompile
all the classes. Here, you need to determine dependencies in order to
protect against runtime exceptions and errors. If you are talking about
this case, it sounds like Javamake or depend will work for you.
Otherwise, if you are just talking about compile order, javac will
handle all that for you.

- brian