ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <>
Subject Re: Reading from and Writing to files in Ant
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 22:21:35 GMT
Hello Robert,

I do not know the specificities of your application.

You might want to have a look at a number of standard tasks and types in
ant which might supply the kind of functionality you want.

I guess you have the relatively typical problem of adapting a few
settings in configuration files like the URL of a database or the
location of a particular server, ...

You might want to use a template file, mark the spots in the template
files you want to replace by tokens like @DATABASEURL@,
and use one or the other of the standard ant mechanisms like copy with
filterset [1], the translate task, or the replacetokens filter [3].

If you really need scripting, the scriptdef task of ant 1.6 allows you
to write scripts in several languages supported by Apache bsf,
and run  the fragment as a task in your buildfile.

Tand, Robert wrote:

>You'll have to pardon me, but I am very new to Ant...
>I've been scouring the web and have been unable to find an answer to this:
>Is it possible for me to use scripting in Ant to modify configuration files after install?
I would like to be able to supply a text file with configuration settings in the installer
that could be merged/added to existing files for other applications.
>I've been looking into Ant scripting, and was wondering if using something like Jython
or Groovy might help me accomplish this task.
>Any help would be appreciated...
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: