ant-user mailing list archives

From Igor Pasemnik <igor.pasem...@cloakware.com>
Subject property gets passed when <ant inheritALL="false" ...> specified
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 23:02:47 GMT
Hello,

there was a similar issue posted earlier about properties being passed
from parent to child builds, however <subant ...> was considered and it
was not reproducible.

Anyway, I'm wondering whether anybody has encountered this before and/or
has a solution, or simply sees what is wrong with my build
infrastructure (1.6.1 ant).

I have a top level build.xml that calls sequentially build.xml found in
${components} property, sub directories.

Some component in ${components} depends on others being already build, a
simple dependency, so, this component's build infrastructure calls the
top level build.xml and supplies ${components} list to be build, to
reflect the dependency.

When the top level build.xml tries to build these components (that other
component depends on), one of them has its own sub components and it
re-uses ${components} property, which should be overwritten by its own
list, however it inherits this ${comments} property from the top level
build.xml, which is wrong.

Anyway, to make the story short I've included *.tar.gz file which
contains a simple build infrastructure to exemplify this, it does not
really build anything.

Thanks in advance.

--
Igor Pasemnik, Software Engineer