ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: Daemon Threads
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:52:40 GMT
Hi Dustin,

you have different possibilities :
- use the java task with <spawn="true" fork="true"/> to start your task
(then you need to create a public void static main(String [] args) to
start it obviously,
- use the exec task ...
The spawn attribute is new in ant 1.6.
There have been problems reported with handling of IO. I think that the
HEAD revision of ant that you can get from CVS is better from this
viewpoint.
Otherwise, your task may die (depending on the operating system), if it
is using System.out(), System.err(), System.in().
Cheers,
Antoine