ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Alternatives to Ant's XML Syntax
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:19:55 GMT
Many of the suggested syntax alternatives look
promising... the Ant committers continually monitor
this and the developer list and will most likely be as
forthcoming with advice on this subject as any.  Since
I am personally interested in the subject I can say
that I will do my best to ensure that issues found
regarding Ant's internal ties to XML do not interfere
with external ProjectHelper implementations.  What
that means is that if you are working on such a
project and there is some fundamental incompatibility
preventing a real-world ProjectHelper implementation
from being completed, file a bugzilla report and I
will try to fix it.  Maybe that's not much, but I
always feel that with open-source projects you've got
to be willing to meet the developers halfway, which of
course is what got me here for good or ill.  ;)

-Matt