ant-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Liu <sati...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Manual to install apache-ant-1.6.1-bin.tar.gz (former: a question on Ant package)
Date Sat, 26 Jun 2004 15:48:59 GMT
Hi Yuji,

Tks for your advice.

> These days I install Ant from cvs, so I'm don't know
> well how
> to install the binary.

Wether you install package from;
http://cvs.apache.org/builds/ant/nightly/2003-09-09/

I'm running RH8.0 on Athlon 1.3G PC with 512MB RAM
connected to 3MB broadband.  I also like to run Ant to
breeding edge but hesitate whether my PC has
sufficient horsepower.

Where can I find its installation manual?

> So the following instructions
> are just my guess.
>
> Move to the directory that you want to install Ant
> into.
> For me, it's /usr/local. Then just extract them from
> the tarball.
>
> % cd /usr/local
> % cd gzip -cd apache-ant-1.6.1-bin.tar.gz | tar xvf
> -
>
> Maybe, /usr/local/apache-ant-1.6.1 directory will be
> made.

Before posting I came to this point, untar the
tarball, and did not know how to proceed further.
There is an installation manual under /doc/ but it is
the same as;
http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html#installing

> Finally, setup some environment variables like
> ANT_HOME. See
> http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html#installing
> for more details.

I went through this doc but it seems for Unix.
Whether it also works on Linux

# echo $SHELL
/bin/bash

shall I refer to