ant-user mailing list archives

From Yuji Yamano <yyam...@kt.rim.or.jp>
Subject Re: Manual to install apache-ant-1.6.1-bin.tar.gz (former: a question on Ant package)
Date Sat, 26 Jun 2004 11:21:20 GMT
Stephen,

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 19:01:08 +0800 (CST),
Stephen Liu <satimis@yahoo.com> wrote:

> However I could not find installation instruction for
> Linux there.   Kindly advise where can I find the
> appropriate manual for its installation.

These days I install Ant from cvs, so I'm don't know well how
to install the binary. So the following instructions are just my guess.

Move to the directory that you want to install Ant into.
For me, it's /usr/local. Then just extract them from the tarball.

% cd /usr/local
% cd gzip -cd apache-ant-1.6.1-bin.tar.gz | tar xvf -

Maybe, /usr/local/apache-ant-1.6.1 directory will be made.

Finally, setup some environment variables like ANT_HOME. See
http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html#installing for more details.

-- Yuji Yamano <yyamano@kt.rim.or.jp>
  Loan me your funky mind. So I can play with it,
  for nothing is good unless you play with it. --George Clinton