ant-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Ivanov <rambiusparkisan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: Backspace in regular expression
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:18:29 GMT
Hi Peter, I thinki that I started ver stubborn topic.

--- Peter Reilly <peter.reilly@corvil.com> wrote:
> Ah, uou want the character backspace in the
> resultant file?
> Like:
> tr[backspace]
> gt[backspace]
> so it looks like:

Yes, that is right.

> I am not to sure how to do this with xml characters.
> One can use
> <script> to set up a property with contain the
> backspace character:
>   <target name="replacebackspace">
>     <script language="beanshell">
>       project.setNewProperty("backspace", "\b");
>     </script>
>     <delete quiet="yes" file="x.txt"/>
>     <concat destfile="x.txt">
> aBACKSPACEbBACKSPACEc
>     </concat>
>     <replaceregexp flags="g" file="x.txt">
>       <regexp pattern="BACKSPACE"/>
>       <substitution expression="${backspace}"/>
>     </replaceregexp>
>   </target>

I tested it and it works like a charm. But can you
make it work when the contents of x.txt is this
<concat destfile="x.txt">
aBACKSPACE
bBACKSPACE
</concat>

In my opinion it should output
<empty line>
<empty line>
but it outputs

So there are too many abguities in my desire to
replace expressions with backspace and you might
abandon it.

Thank you for your help.
Regards Ivan