ant-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Ivanov <rambiusparkisan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: password prompt
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:12:10 GMT
Hello Mark,

you may find <input> task[1] useful:

<target name="input" description="Prompts for user
input">
    <input message="Enter password"
addproperty="ssh.pass"/>
    <!-- A proof it works. Remove in real use -->
    <echo message="${ssh.pass}"/>
</target>

The problem is that <input> does not mask the input
and the passwords are visible when you type them.

[1]http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/input.html