ant-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Ivanov <rambiusparkisan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Ant Built-In Properties
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 12:13:51 GMT
Dear Colleagues,

I noticed some differences in the Ant built-in
properties when invkong Ant from command line and when
invoking it from Eclipse.
Consider the following build.xml:

<project name="echo" default="echo" basedir=".">
	<target name="echo" description="Echoes properties
starting with ant">
		<echoproperties prefix="ant"/>
	</target>
</project>

When I invoke with from command line it outputs
Buildfile: build.xml

echo:
[echoproperties] #Ant properties
[echoproperties] #Fri Jun 04 15:05:15 EEST 2004
[echoproperties]
ant.file=/home/rambius/workspace/jtests/build.xml
[echoproperties]
ant.file.echo=/home/rambius/workspace/jtests/build.xml
[echoproperties] ant.project.name=echo
[echoproperties] ant.java.version=1.4
[echoproperties] ant.home=/usr/java/ant
[echoproperties]
ant.library.dir=/usr/java/ant1.6.1/lib
[echoproperties] ant.version=Apache Ant version 1.6.1
compiled on February 12 2004

An when I invoke it from Eclipse it outputs
Buildfile: /home/rambius/workspace/jtests/build.xml
echo:
[echoproperties] #Ant properties
[echoproperties] #Fri Jun 04 15:06:27 EEST 2004
[echoproperties]
ant.file=/home/rambius/workspace/jtests/build.xml
[echoproperties]
ant.file.echo=/home/rambius/workspace/jtests/build.xml
[echoproperties] ant.project.name=echo
[echoproperties] ant.java.version=1.4
[echoproperties] ant.version=Apache Ant version 1.6.1
compiled on February 12 2004

Comparing the two outputs, I saw that ant from command
line outputs two properties more, namely:
[echoproperties] ant.home=/usr/java/ant
[echoproperties]
ant.library.dir=/usr/java/ant1.6.1/lib

Consulting ant documentation for Built-In properties I
saw that only ant.file, ant.version and
ant.project.name ant ant.java.version are officialy
mentioned.

My question is why Ant shows these two properties and
Eclipse does not?

Regards Ivan