ant-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Ivanov <rambiusparkisan...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Problem to set property with refid
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 16:12:35 GMT
Yes, in this case target_A and target_B are executed.
This is how Ant is designed. I don't see how you can
control the execution of the targets in depend
attribute with the property in the if attribute. It
might be better to reorganize the targets a little
bit.
I am curious what is your final aim?
--- vinod.nayak@iflexsolutions.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> If I have a target like this,
>
> <target name="C" depends="A, B"
> if="some_property_set">
> 	Some tasks...
> </target>
>
> If, 'some_property_set' is not set, target C is not
> executed, but the
> targets in the 'depends' list get executed. How to
> avoid execution of
> these targets?
>
> I do not want to have the same
> <if="some_property_set"> in the targets A
> & B, as they may be called from other targets and
> the value of
> 'some_property_set' property, may not be relevant in
> the targets A & B
> at that time.
>
> Regards,
> Vinod.

/products/proj/pisars/database/db12Jun/db-execs/Auth_history_correction.

=== message truncated ===